|NOUN || an Australian cassowary | Australian cassowaries |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- The Ella Bay area is home to a large variety of plant and animal life including iconic species like the endangered southern cassowary (Casuarius casuarius johnsonii), endangered and vulnerable frog species including the Australian lace-lid, common mist frog and waterfall frog, remnant native plants and estuarine crocodiles.
- They were also jointly awarded the 2006 Cassowary Award by the Australian Wet Tropics Authority – for the Arts Category "for an outstanding contribution to aesthetic appreciation of the Wet Tropics of Queensland World Heritage Area".
- During 2010, the vessel attended the Timor Fleet Review, then participated in that year's Exercise Cassowary, along with Australian and Indonesian units.
- International Tourism Awards include 2000 British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow International Environment Award, 1999 Wet Tropics Management Authority (WTMA) Cassowary Award, 1996 EIBTM European Greening of Business Tourism Award in the Category of "Most Environmentally Conscious Visitor Attraction" and 1996 Australian Federation of Travel Agents Awards for Excellence in the category "Best Resort or Tourist Attraction" Far North Queensland.
- Some Australian fossils initially believed to be from emus were recognized to represent a distinct genus, "Emuarius", which had a cassowary-like skull and femur and an emu-like lower leg and foot.
- The locality presumably takes its name from the large Australian flightless bird, the cassowary, which is found in the northern tropics of Queensland.
- Bird species include: Australasian darter; Australian pelican; Australian white ibis; Barking owl; Black swan; Black-necked stork; Brolga; Bush stone-curlew; Dusky moorhen; Eastern barn owl; Eastern bristlebird; Eclectus parrot; Emu; Great egret; Little black cormorant; Magpie goose; Nankeen night heron; Plumed whistling duck; Rufous night-heron; Scrub turkey; Southern cassowary; Tawny frogmouth; Wedge-tailed eagle and White-bellied sea eagle.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!