|NOUN || a Welshman | Welshmen |
|SYNO ||Cambrian | Cymry | Welsh | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- In late 2016, the band recruited American vocalist Josh Welshman replacing Lühring who departed the following year.
- Herbert played in the 1994 BDO World Darts Championship but lost in the first round to fellow Welshman Martin Phillips.
- He is the hero of the historical novel "An Unknown Welshman" (1972) by Jean Stubbs.
- Williams is the only Welshman, to win speedway's ultimate individual prize.
- Welshman Greenslade hit back, edging a closely fought second set 6–5.
- De Ruiter was runner-up to Welshman Mark Webster in the 2006 WDF Europe Cup.
- George Welshman Owens (August 29, 1786 – March 2, 1856) was a United States Representative and lawyer from Georgia.
- The chant "Taffy was a Welshman, Taffy was a thief" was chanted at Lloyd George by workers and referred to the suggestion that Welshman Lloyd George was taking their wages away from them.
- According to Y pedair Camp ar Hugainyn Welsh for "24 feats of a welshman", stone lifting was a common practice.
- He is the first Welshman to complete the Moab 240, Cocodona 250 (finishing 36/239), and Bigfoot 200 (finishing 25/205) and second Welshman ever to complete the invite only event Badwater 135 (second to his brother, Rhys Jenkins whom he also crewed for).
- One character was modelled on George Humphreys, a Welshman with whom Cooper had an affair in the late 1950s.
- In January 2022, Chamisa founded Citizens Coalition For Change. He is backed by Welshman Ncube and Tendai Biti.
- John Devereux was born in 1250, John Devereux testified that he knew the Welshman, and that his parents did too.
- 2018: First Welshman to win a PDC televised major by winning the Grand Slam of Darts.
- Adam the Welshman (c. 1130 – 1181) was a Welsh theologian and Bishop of St Asaph from 14 October 1175 until his death.
- At Baku 2011, he added a World title by defeating Rau'shee Warren and edging Welshman Andrew Selby 13–12.
- The next Welshman to lead a revolt against the English crown was Madog ap Llywelyn in Gwynedd.
- Maurice Griffith (or Griffin; c. 1507 – 20 November 1558) was a Welshman who became Bishop of Rochester.
- In the 1997 Benson & Hedges Championship, Birch played Mark Fenton in the last 128, compiling three century breaks in five frames as he beat the Welshman 5–4; Birch would progress to the quarter-final, where he lost 1–5 to another Welshman, Paul Davies.
- James Relly ([...] – [...]) was a Welshman, Methodist minister and mentor of John Murray who spread Universalism in the United States.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!