|NOUN || an ax | axes |
|VERB || to ax | axed | axed|
axing | axes
|SYNO ||to ax | to axe|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Each year, the schools play for "The Battle of the Ax" in which an engraved ax is awarded to the winner.
- When a Tlingit references their mind or feelings, he always discusses this in terms of "ax̲ toowú", "my mind".
- One hypothesis for the name "Ismail-Ax" is that it could be a reference to Drum Hadley's poem "The Goat Ranchers" which talk about "Ishmael's Ax".
- Upon discovering Erik's corpse, Lamb Mask throws her through the window and kills her by driving an ax into the side of her head.
- Legend has it that he "borrowed" his bother's double-bladed ax one day.
- "ax" + "by" + "cz" = 1 gives a polyhedron with 48 faces, e.g. the disdyakis dodecahedron.
- A battle axe (also battle-axe, battle ax, or battle-ax) is an axe specifically designed for combat.
- The meaning of the word Tabarbour is "wasteland which the ax cannot penetrate."
- James recalled Woodruff as a hardline disciplinarian who had a saying: kill a mosquito with an ax, but go sharpen the ax first.
- Then he tries to chop it with an ax, and the ax flies up and splits the room in half.
- The "Golden Ax" is used as a symbol given only to an elite of members known as "hachados" (ax holders) and this honor could only be given and taken away by the World Command.
- The Peugeot 106 (launched in 1991) and Citroën Saxo were both developments of the AX.
- Ax Handle Saturday, also known as the Jacksonville riot of 1960, was a racially motivated attack that took place in Hemming Park (now known as James Weldon Johnson Park or JWJ Park) in Jacksonville, Florida, on August 27, 1960.
- The Arabic word "Barzakh" is derived from the Middle Persian "Barzag", "barrier, partition", which in turn can be traced back to the Parthian combination "burz+ax(v)" ("high existence"), similar to the Persian word for hell, "dūzakh" < "dūž+ax(v)" ("evil existence").
- Find a rational number between "b"x and "ax", say "p/q" such that "bx > p/q > ax".
- Stone axes are traditional tribal traditional weapons in Papua and West Papua.
- At ITU WARC2003 the radio amateur station callsign specification was amended so that the earlier maximum length of six characters was raised to seven characters.
- The word "ask" has the nonstandard variant "ax" pronounced [...]; the spelling "ask" is found in Shakespeare and in the King James Bible and "ax" in Chaucer, Caxton, and the Coverdale Bible.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!