|NOUN || a coffee spoon | coffee spoons |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Affogati are often enjoyed as a post-meal coffee dessert combo eaten and or drunk with a spoon or straw.
- Maids will also kneel by the table to stir cream and sugar into a customer's coffee, and some cafés even offer spoon-feeding services to customers.
- Spoon sweets are usually offered to guests served by the teaspoon in a small porcelain or crystal glass dish or bowl, with coffee or tea and cold water.
- A portion of coffee liqueur (e.g. Kahlúa or Tia Maria) is topped by a layer of Irish Cream (e.g., Baileys or Coole Swan) which is poured over the back of a spoon so that it sits on the coffee liqueur.
- A greasy spoon is a small, cheap restaurant – either an American diner or coffee shop, or a British or Irish cafe – typically specializing in fried foods.
- The stage blood caused technical difficulties as it soaked the microphone, guitars, and cymbals, which according to Shirley sounded like "coffee mugs being tapped with a spoon".
- The saucer also provides a convenient place for a wet spoon, as might be used to stir the drink in the cup in order to mix sweeteners or creamers into tea or coffee.
- Given to an unsuspecting diner, the bowl of the spoon, when immersed in hot coffee or other hot drinks, melted and fell into the liquid, much to the amusement of all.
- It is a small spoon that can be used to stir a cup of tea or coffee, or as a tool for measuring volume.
- Karsk (also called Kask) is a Swedish and Norwegian cocktail (from the Trøndelag region) containing coffee together with moonshine and sometimes a spoon of sugar (enthusiasts often consider moonshine exclusively to be appropriate as an added component, as it has no inherent taste like other alcoholic beverages).
- A Spanish 'typical recipe' might involve combining three parts of coffee with one part brandy (or other distillate).
- Popular characters included The Aguamoose Man, the Twarb Coffee Woman and a lady who presented a weather style mini-programme that gave warnings on the size of elks to be expected in various parts of the UK that evening.
- In 1997 Matthew Algie launched Espresso Warehouse (with the strapline ‘Everything but the Coffee’) to support the growing wave of independent coffee bars.
- Thermochromic paints are seen quite often as a coating on coffee mugs, whereby once hot coffee is poured into the mugs, the thermochromic paint absorbs the heat and becomes colored or transparent, therefore changing the appearance of the mug.
- In the 1800s, Koffiefontein was a stopover spot for transport riders traveling between the coast and the diamond fields and gold mines to the north. "Coffee fountain" is a reference to the strong coffee brew transport riders made during their stopover.
- An everyday example would be the addition of milk or cream to tea or coffee.
- Irish whiskey and at least one level teaspoon of sugar are poured over black coffee and stirred in until fully dissolved.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!