|ADJ || fantastic | more fantastic | most fantastic |
|SYNO ||antic | fantastic | fantastical | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- He is a visual author and one of the principal impellers of the experimental and fantastic cinema at present of Galicia.
- To Clark Zlotchew, the differentiating factor between the fantastic and magical realism is that in fantastic literature, such as Kafka's "The Metamorphosis", there is a hesitation experienced by the protagonist, implied author or reader in deciding whether to attribute natural or supernatural causes to an unsettling event, or between rational or irrational explanations.
- The nine travelers proceeded on their fantastic ocean journey, hopping from legendary island to island, encountering different peoples and fantastic adventures along the way (told as allegories of Christian morality).
- The Festival international du film fantastique de Gérardmer (literally "Gérardmer International Festival of fantastic film", formerly named 'Fantastic'Arts' from 1994 to 2008) is an international festival of horror and fantastic films which has been held each year since 1994 in Gérardmer.
- Sime quickly became famous for drawings and illustrations with fantastic themes, with a presence in "Pick-Me-Up", "The Idler" and the "Pall Mall Gazette".
- Both as a writer and as a historian of literature, he was an adept of fantastic literature.
- In September 2014, the film won the Meliès d’Argent for the best European fantastic film at the Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival.
- Plymouth Argyle manager Ryan Lowe described him as "a fantastic number four.
- The following chapters highlight methods and parameters of fantastic studies ("Introduction to Fantastic Studies" and "Contours of Fantasy").
- The fantastic can also represent dreams and wakefulness where the character or reader hesitates as to what is reality or what is a dream.
- In its first years, the festival presents a collection of the best fantasy films in the history of the fantastic genre.
- Seamus Deane said that Godwin's use of the fantastic in the form of the gothic novel again let him write about the philosophy of the French Revolution without harsh backlash, because it was under the guise of the fantastic.
- Todorov's greatest contribution to literary theory was his definition, in "Introduction à la littérature fantastique" (1970), of the Fantastic, the fantastic uncanny, and the fantastic marvelous.
- A Caribbean Film Festival, Lusca Fantastic Film Fest, was named after this sea monster; the festival is an annual event held in Puerto Rico.
- The Lund International Fantastic Film Festival ([...] , abbreviated FFF or LIFFF) is a popular film festival in Lund in southern Sweden that mainly shows fantasy, science fiction and horror films.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!