|NOUN || a pygmy sperm whale | pygmy sperm whale / pygmy sperm whales |
|SYNO ||Kogia breviceps | pygmy sperm whale|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- sloani", including the pygmy sperm whale and Gervais's beaked whale.
- In 2002, a 30-year-old female pygmy sperm whale was washed up on Thurlestone Beach.
- It is the only living member of the genus "Physeter" and one of three extant species in the sperm whale family, along with the pygmy sperm whale and dwarf sperm whale of the genus "Kogia".
- "Nanokogia" is an extinct genus of pygmy sperm whale that lived off the coast of Panama during the Late Miocene.
- sima") and pygmy sperm whale ("K. breviceps"). It is known from a single skull discovered in 1877, and was considered a species of beaked whale until 1997.
- Like all toothed whales, the pygmy sperm whale hunts prey by echolocation.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!