|ADJ || vacuum | - | - |
|NOUN || a vacuum | vacuums / vacua |
|VERB || to vacuum | vacuumed | vacuumed|
vacuuming | vacuums
|SYNO ||emptiness | to hoover | to vacuum | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- A vacuum delay valve is a valve with a small orifice, which delays a vacuum signal.
- Vacuum-packing stores food in a vacuum environment, usually in an air-tight bag or bottle.
- Medical vacuum in a hospital supports suction equipment and evacuation procedures, supplied by vacuum pump systems exhausting to the atmosphere.
- A vacuum tube is based on current conduction through a vacuum (see Vacuum tube).
- The Büchner flask can also be used as a vacuum trap in a vacuum line to ensure that no fluids are carried over from the aspirator or vacuum pump (or other vacuum source) to the evacuated apparatus or vice versa.
- The QED vacuum or quantum electrodynamic vacuum is the field-theoretic vacuum of quantum electrodynamics.
- Vacuum packing is the most reliable and effective way of storing currency, which is protected against tarnishing, e.g.
- The vacuum fluctuations provide vacuum with a non-zero energy known as vacuum energy.
- (5) Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) - The term 'safety vacuum release system' means a vacuum release system capable of providing vacuum release at a suction outlet caused by a high vacuum occurrence due to a suction outlet flow blockage.
- Vacuum cleaner nozzles come in several different shapes. Vacuum nozzles are used in vacuum cleaners.
- A titanium sublimation pump (TSP) is a type of vacuum pump used to remove residual gas in ultra-high vacuum systems, maintaining the vacuum.
- The material has an unusually wide range of production methods for a superalloy: electric arc, ladle refined with vacuum treatment; vacuum induction melting; vacuum arc remelting, and even electro slag remelting.
- USAF-96 has an unusually wide range of production methods for a superalloy: Ladle refined with vacuum treatment; vacuum induction melting; vacuum arc remelting, and even electro slag remelting.
- But if the false vacuum energy is large enough, [...] on the plot, the false vacuum forms finite clusters (NTS's) surrounded by the percolated true vacuum.
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!