|NOUN || a vaginismus | vaginismuses |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Primary vaginismus is often unknown cause.
- Involuntary vaginal contractions may arise from non-sexual causes. Involuntary spasm of the muscles around the vagina, usually caused by anxiety, can result in vaginismus.
- Sexual dysfunction or difficulty during any stage of the sexual act includes but is not limited to severe vaginismus or erectile dysfunction, and lack of sensations, desire or ability to achieve orgasm resulting as side effects from medication or illegal drugs.
- Dilators were used to treat women with vaginismus and surgical procedures to increase the size of the vaginal opening and treat vulvar pain were also introduced.
- Many disorders which cause chronic pelvic pain (CPP), such as dyspareunia and vaginismus, are associated with discomfort during intercourse.
- Hegar dilators are dilators used to treat vaginismus, induce cervical dilation, and for inflatable penile implant procedures.
- Sexual pain disorders in women include dyspareunia (painful intercourse) and vaginismus (an involuntary spasm of the muscles of the vaginal wall that interferes with intercourse).
- Perineoplasty is generally considered effective for treatment of dyspareunia, including that caused by lichen sclerosus, and vaginismus.
- It is combined with vaginismus into genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder in the DSM-5.
- Yitzchak M. "Irv" Binik (born February 6, 1949) is an American-Canadian psychologist whose main research interest is human sexuality, specifically sexual pain (vaginismus and dyspareunia).
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!