|NOUN || a western jackdaw | western jackdaws |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- The western jackdaw and the Eurasian magpie have been found to have a nidopallium about the same relative size as the functionally equivalent neocortex in chimpanzees and humans, and significantly larger than is found in the gibbons.
- The genus name is from Latin "graculus", an unknown bird sometimes identified as the western jackdaw.
- A subspecies of the Western jackdaw, "Corvus monedula soemmerringii", living in north-eastern Europe and north and central Asia, was named after Sömmering in 1811 by Johann Fischer von Waldheim.
- The main fauna of the nature park consists of bird species. Observed bird species are finch, magpie, sparrow, Western jackdaw, woodpecker. Other species are lizard and chipmunk.
- The Eurasian jay is a relatively small corvid, similar in size to a western jackdaw ("Coloeus monedula") with a length of [...] and a wingspan of [...].
- The western jackdaw measures [...] in length and weighs around [...].
© dict.cc English-Bulgarian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!