|ADJ || ugly | uglier | ugliest |
|SYNO ||atrocious | despicable | frightful | ...|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- In "Rakkaus on ruma sana", Alanko criticizes the Finnish word "rakkaus" ("love") for being ugly.
- Sara begins the series as the "ugly duckling", mocked by many of her colleagues for being "ugly".
- The Prostitution Collective in Victoria, Australia developed the first Ugly Mugs Scheme in May 1986, using the term 'ugly mugs' to describe punters who become unreasonable and violent.
- They're winning ugly." This phrase became a rallying cry for the team, and they are often referred to as the "winning ugly" team (and their uniforms as the "winning ugly" uniforms).
- At first, Walt Disney did not care for "Ugly Bug Ball", but songwriter Robert Sherman explained that to bugs, other bugs were not ugly even if they looked ugly to us, beauty being in the eye of the beholder.
- ’ To make ‘Irredeemable’ work well, I have got to look into ugly, ugly parts of my soul."
- ("ugly Perchten") are held every winter. Beautiful masks are said to encouraging financial windfalls, and the ugly masks are worn to drive away evil spirits.
- Twit is the hideously ugly, menacing wife of Mr. Twit.
- "Coyote Ugly" is a phrase that means "very ugly" and is applied to non-canine females/males.
- UglyChristmasSweater.com was founded in 2012. The company was the first to introduce a customizable ugly Christmas sweater where visitors can create their own customized Ugly Christmas Sweater by selecting patterns, colors and uploading a photo of their choosing.
- Vergara has described his design philosophy as based on the belief that "we don't need any more ugly things in this world and it costs as much to build an ugly train as an attractive one".
- Over the films she gradually becomes less 'ugly' and more snub-nosed, chubby-faced, 'sweet', although never approaching Cinderella's beauty, becoming 'plain' instead of downright 'ugly'.
- Similarly, Georgy Millyar played a role of Baba Yaga, an ugly old woman with supernatural abilities in a dozen of films, including Vasilisa the Beautiful (1940) and Jack Frost (1964).
- Early on, the representation of Aesop as an ugly slave emerged.
© dict.cc English-Bosnian dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!