|NOUN || awareness | - |
|SYNO ||awareness | cognisance | cognizance | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Several smaller events include Asexual Awareness Week (Last week of October), Celebrate Bisexuality Day (23 September), an awareness day for "hijras" (17 April) and Intersex Awareness Day (26 October).
- NSS was started with an aim of creating awareness among the student community.
- She has been very active with social causes like drug awareness, AIDS awareness, family planning and organ donation.
- To serve the nations of the world, sisters have raised funds for UNICEF, AIDS Awareness, diabetes awareness (American Diabetes Association), breast cancer awareness (Susan G.
- The 2019 Primary Language Curriculum specifies that reading outcomes must include phonics, phonological awareness, and phonemic awareness.
- The Asexual Visibility and Education Network (AVEN), an organisation founded in 2001 by David Jay, aims to raise awareness of asexuality, Asexual Awareness Week is an annual event formed by Sarah Beth Brooks in 2010, also with the aim of raising asexual awareness and dispelling misconceptions.
- In Theravada Buddhism, "vidyā" means 'non-dual awareness' of three marks of existence.
- Brook distinguishes four kinds of awareness, two of which are also kinds of self-awareness: simple awareness (awareness of an object without being aware of being aware), awareness with recognition, awareness of one's representational states and awareness of oneself as the subject of one's representational states.
- From 2012, Paramarsh with a clear vision to raise awareness amongst the society stepped forward through ‘Sanidhya-Awareness for Society’.
- Supporters of the movement wear gray ribbons to spread awareness.
- Awareness raising: HACC works to raise public and government awareness of HIV/AIDS issues and gaps in the response via lobbying, regular media appearances, and staging awareness-raising campaigns during major national festivals such as the Water Festival.
- One study found an ERN even when subjects were not aware of their error. Awareness may not be necessary to elicit an ERN, but it could influence the effect of the amplitude of the feedback ERN.
- There are four major categories to metalinguistic awareness, where this notion of metalinguistic ability may manifest.
- The continuous tracking design analyzes advertising awareness over time, in relation to ad spending; separately, this design tracks brand awareness, and then develops indices of effectiveness based on the strength of the correlations between ad spending and brand awareness.
© dict.cc English-Czech dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!