|NOUN || a knot | knots |
|VERB || to knot | knotted | knotted|
knotting | knots
|SYNO ||air mile | burl | Calidris canutus | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
- Other friction hitches that can be used to build an autoblock system include the Prusik knot, Klemheist knot, and Bachmann knot.
- The double fisherman's knot or grapevine knot is a bend.
- The slice property of the Conway knot was a long-standing unsolved problem in knot theory.
- The San Diego jam knot is a common fishing knot used to tie a line to the hook, swivel, clip, or artificial fly. This knot is also known as the San Diego knot, reverse clinch knot or Heiliger knot.
- The small knot, also known as oriental knot, Kent knot or simple knot, is the simplest method of tying a necktie, though some [...] claim the simple knot is an alternative name for the four-in-hand knot.
© dict.cc English-Czech dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!