|NOUN || a night shift | night shifts |
|SYNO ||graveyard shift | night shift|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Actress Jill Flint ("Royal Pains" and "The Night Shift") was born and raised in Cherry Valley. Singer, musician and composer Vanessa Bley (daughter of Paul Bley) was raised in Cherry Valley.
- 3 integrated a similar, system-level feature known as "Night Shift."
- A 2002 study found that lifestyle factors such as night-shift work and lack of physical activity can also increase the risk of lumbar disc disease.
- The article was a profile of several drivers who worked the night shift for a New York cab company.
- Also during his freshman year his first job in radio was at KJFJ in Webster City, Iowa, and he was soon hired by WHO in Des Moines, Iowa, working the night shift where was subsequently told by the person who hired him that he did not have a future in broadcasting, demoted from "on-air" talent and moved to production staff.
- Crusher tells him that he will be running the night shift in Engineering, which would have indicated that Wesley returned to Starfleet prior to the events of the film and held the rank of Lieutenant.
- Increased risk of dementia is associated with chronic night shift workers compared to day shift workers, particularly for individuals over 50 years old.
- These centres are manned with one worker on the night shift, and two on the day shift.
- Many countries have established specific programs to protect pregnant women from hazardous or night-shift work and to provide them with time for prenatal visits and paid pregnancy-leave.
- In 1994 he flew as mission specialists on successive flights of various Space Shuttles, running science operations on the "night shift" during STS-59, successfully deploying and retrieving two science satellites.
- Initially, he also worked the night shift on the Pennsylvania Turnpike as a toll collector during the off-season to supplement his income.
- The main dangers are that almost all convenience stores only have one person working night shift; most of the transactions are in cash; and easily resold merchandise, such as liquor, lottery tickets and cigarettes, is on site.
- Williams's television work includes over sixty credits starting in 1966 including recurring roles over the decades in "Gideon's Crossing"; "Dynasty", "General Hospital: Night Shift"; and "General Hospital".
© dict.cc English-Czech dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!