|ADJ || nihilistic | more nihilistic | most nihilistic |
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Nietzsche studied extensively and was very familiar with Schopenhauer and Christianity and Buddhism, each of which he considered nihilistic and "enemies to a healthy culture".
- In an interview with Agathe Novak-Lechevalier Houellebecq characterised himself as „the author of a nihilistic era and the suffering that goes along with nihilism“.
- The cynical tag line "So what?" is used repeatedly by the girls to underscore their uncaring, nihilistic attitude.
- The song is about being nihilistic, apathetic, demotivated, and being too lazy to look for motivation to do anything.
- Moral nihilists agree that all claims such as 'murder is morally wrong' are not true. But different nihilistic views differ in two ways.
- Mearsheimer makes important reference to Laurence Lampert's nihilistic Strauss interpretation in his book "The Great Delusion".
- While Bulgarian historians today criticize such a "nihilistic" position, their Macedonian colleagues are worried that the group was "blind" for Macedonians' separate ethnic identity.
- An anti rom-com about Mandy, a career-driven nihilistic single mother with a deeply disturbed son, who falls in love with a borderline-incel, patriarchal man with rage issues named Pete.
- Pobedonostsev held the view that human nature is sinful, rejecting the ideals of freedom and independence as dangerous delusions of nihilistic youth.
- Neil Genzlinger of "The New York Times" wrote "film creates a disturbing portrait of a girl turned calculating and nihilistic by her upbringing, and there is no coyness here".
- Simon Tatz from the Mental Health Council of Australia states that metal music "has some worrying aspects", including the nihilistic lyrics that may "reinforce alienation and exclusion".
- They were brought together by a rejection of the nihilistic and hypercritical reactions to painting and the invasion of the American culture with Pop Art.
- (b) Modern historians, in trying to hold up a mirror to ultimate reality, are not only ascetic but highly nihilistic.
- The philosophical ideas of the French author, the Marquis de Sade, are often noted as early examples of nihilistic principles.
- Veritism also emphasizes that some, not having found truth, or lacking direction in their own lives, have rejected the existence of absolute truth, thus embracing atheistic, nihilistic ideologies.
© dict.cc English-Czech dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!