|NOUN || a nitration | nitrations |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
To translate another word just start typing!
Usage Examples English
See more ...
- Nitronium tetrafluoroborate is used as a nitration agent.
- One important use of oleum as a reagent is the secondary nitration of nitrobenzene.
- Direct nitration of aniline is inefficient since anilinium is produced instead.
- It is prepared by nitration of m-xylene followed by hydrogenation.
- 1) "Direct Nitration of Glycol" is carried out in exactly the same manner, with the same apparatus, and with the same mixed acids as nitration of glycerine.
- The nitration product produced on the largest scale, by far, is nitrobenzene.
- Complete nitration of benzene is practically impossible because the nitro groups are deactivating groups for further nitration.
- Similar results were also observed on the nitration of 3-methylbenzoic acid in which 5-methyl-2-nitrobenzoic acid and 3-methyl-2-nitrobenzoic acid were obtained as the major compounds, whereas 3-methyl-4-nitrobenzoic acid was reported as a minor compound.
- Excessive nitration of 2,6-diaminopyrazine ends up with tetraketopiperazine.
- With aryl chlorides, triflates and nonaflates, ipso nitration may also take place.
- The Menke nitration is the nitration of electron rich aromatic compounds with cupric nitrate and acetic anhydride.
- However, it undergoes hydrolysis upon reflux in aqueous KOH to afford phenol, and undergoes aromatic nitration to afford the "meta"-nitration product, as expected for a strongly –"I", –"M" substituent.
- 1,3-Dinitrobenzene is accessible by nitration of nitrobenzene.
- Direct nitration of pyridine is sluggish. Pyridine derivatives wherein the nitrogen atom is screened sterically and/or electronically can be obtained by nitration with nitronium tetrafluoroborate (NO2BF4).
- The nitration of benzaldehyde produces mostly 3-nitrobenzaldehyde, with yields being about 19% for the ortho-, 72% for the meta- and 9% for the para isomer.
- The product of this reaction can undergo a second nitration to form dinoseb.
© dict.cc English-Czech dictionary 2023
Contains translations by TU Chemnitz and Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (German-English only).
Links to this dictionary or to individual translations are very welcome!