|NOUN || a California poppy | California poppies |
|SYNO ||California poppy | Eschscholtzia californica|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- It often shares habitats with other prolifically blooming spring and early summer wildflowers, including the California poppy.
- The California poppy, "Eschscholzia californica", is the state flower of California.
- It was nominated for the honor of California state flower in 1890, but the California poppy won the title in a landslide.
- The most common flower around the vernal pools is the California poppy.
- One square foot boxes were filled with topsoil, three inches deep from the four "Areas" in November 2021, and sown with California poppy seeds as a native plant stand-in for tarplant seeds, and watered daily.
- The California Poppy Reserve is located in the western Antelope Valley and shows off the State's flower in great quantity on its rolling hills every spring.
- California poppy leaves are used as food or garnish, while the seeds are used in cooking.
- His friend and colleague, Adelbert von Chamisso, named the California poppy ("Eschscholzia californica") in his honor.
- The intense blooming season for the California Poppy usually falls within late winter to early spring, during the months of mid-February through mid-May.
- plate bearing Coolbrith's poem "Copa De Oro (The California Poppy)" in raised porcelain enamel text is set into the sidewalk at the high-traffic northwest corner of Addison and Shattuck Avenues.
- The UCLA athletic teams' colors are UCLA Blue and Westwood Gold. Blue symbolizes the ocean and wildflowers; yellow to reflect the Golden State, the California poppy and sunsets.
- The park is located in northern Los Angeles County, [...] west of downtown Lancaster and about [...] from the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!