|SYNO ||French | French people|
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Comparing diets among Western countries, researchers have discovered that although French people tend to eat higher levels of animal fat, the incidence of heart disease remains low in France.
- The founding of a Fifth Republic was supported by the French people, while French President Charles de Gaulle made it clear on 8 August 1958 that France's colonies were to be given a stark choice between more autonomy in a new French Community and immediate independence in the referendum to be held on 28 September 1958.
- The first American successes were well-publicized in France, and the French people and government openly supported the revolutionaries' cause.
- The northern shores of Botany Bay, the La Perouse peninsula, has a very special association for the French community in Australia and French people overseas as it was the last landfall of the noted French explorer, Jean-Francois Galaup de Lapérouse.
- He was awarded the Grand Croix of the Ordre Impérial de la Réunion in 1813, a week before his death in Paris, and was buried in the Panthéon, a mausoleum dedicated to the most honoured French people.
- According to a TNS SOFRES survey published in 2010, 66% of French people have a good image of SNCF.
- In 2017, a case brought earlier by three transgender French people was decided.
- Innu people are frequently divided into two groups, the Neenoilno (called "Montagnais" by French people) who live along the north shore of the Gulf of Saint Lawrence, in Quebec, and the less numerous Naskapi who live farther north.
- The French people name, and the Senate proclaims Napoleon-Bonaparte First Consul for Life."
- At 12:30 am, Pétain made his first broadcast to the French people.
- Louis XVIII opposed the senate's constitution and stated that he was "disbanding the current senate in all the crimes of Bonaparte, and appealing to the French people".
- De Gaulle's subsequent speeches reached many parts of the territories under the Vichy regime, helping to rally the French resistance movement and earning him much popularity amongst the French people and soldiers.
- German propaganda trumpeted these attacks as an absolute betrayal of the French people by their former allies.
- He proposed a moderate programme (promising "neither nationalisations nor liberalisation") and advocated a "united France," and laid out his policy priorities in his "Letter to the French People."
- In 1986, hardcore punk band The Meatmen referred to the lack of French cooperation with the raid in their song 'French People Suck': "French people suck, I just gotta' say/made the jet fighter pilots fly out of their way."
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!