Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Antoine-Germain Labarraque (1777 – 1850) was a French chemist and pharmacist, notable for formulating and finding important uses for "Eau de Labarraque" or "Labarraque's solution", a solution of sodium hypochlorite widely used as a disinfectant and deodoriser.
- Antoine Labarraque replaced potash lye by the cheaper soda lye, thus obtaining sodium hypochlorite ("Eau de Labarraque").
- Much later, during World War I in 1916, a standardized and diluted modification of Labarraque's solution containing hypochlorite (0.5%) and boric acid as an acidic stabilizer was developed by Henry Drysdale Dakin (who gave full credit to Labarraque's prior work in this area).
- That application started soon after French chemist Labarraque discovered those properties, around 1820 (still before Pasteur formulated his germ theory of disease).
- Around 1820, French chemist Labarraque discovered the disinfecting ability of hypochlorites, and popularized the use of the cheaper sodium hypochlorite solution (known as "Eau de Labarraque", "Labarraque's water") throughout the world for that purpose.
- Azoulay has a son and a daughter with her husband François-Xavier Labarraque, who also studied at the École nationale d'administration. Unlike her parents, she is not a Moroccan national.
- Antoine Germain Labarraque died near Paris on 9 December 1850.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!