Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- 128) Arsanious, bishop and abbot of the Monastery of Saint Pachomius the Cenobite in Edfu, Upper Egypt.
- St Pachomius introduced a monastic Rule of cenobitic life, giving everyone the same food and attire.
- Pacôme is a French masculine given name, and sometimes surname, taken from the French spelling of Pachomius, primarily in reference to Saint-Pacôme, Pachomius the Great.
- It has been attributed either to Dmitry Gerasimov or Pachomius the Serb, among other learned monks.
- Pachomius continued as abbot to the cenobites for some forty years.
- There is a monastery located at Chenoboskion that is dedicated to St Pachomius.
- He became Metropolitan of Philippopolis and although he had been helped by Patriarch Jeremias II, he conspired against him, leaguing with Pachomius II.
- Orsisius was a disciple of Pachomius on the Island Tabenna in the Nile. When Pacomius died (348), Orsisius was chosen as his successor; but he resigned in favour of Theodore.
- Pbow was a cenobitic monastery established by St. Pachomius in 336-337 AD. Pbow is about [...] north of Luxor in modern Upper Egypt. Other names include "Bau", "Pboou", and "Phbow".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!