|NOUN || a paisley | paisleys |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Etro is a family-managed Italian fashion house founded in 1968. It is mainly known for its paisley patterns, which the company started making in 1981.
- Prince paid tribute to the rock and roll history of paisley when he created the Paisley Park Records recording label and established Paisley Park Studios, both named after his 1985 song "Paisley Park".
- Several of Tacoma's models featured an unusual sound hole shape, a paisley soundhole, on the left side of the upper bout.
- The single's artwork is a collage incorporating two figures and an abstract paisley design from the 1967 Bantam Books paperback edition of Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 (probably Oedipa Maas and the drummer of the Paranoids).
- Another fashionable outer garment was an Indian shawl or one woven in Paisley, Renfrewshire in a paisley pattern in imitation of Indian styles.
- Tacoma Guitars has developed a unique "paisley" soundhole placed on the left side of the upper bout of their "Wing Series" guitars.
- Kashmiri shawls were high-fashion garments in Western Europe in the early- to mid-19th century. Paisley shawls, imitation Kashmiri shawls woven in Paisley, Renfrewshire, are the origin of the name of the traditional paisley pattern.
- The patterns which are used in Pateh are normally divided into two main groups: "The Paisley" and "The Tree".
- She was wearing a multicolored coat, a black dress decorated with a blue-and-white paisley print, a blue turtleneck sweater, and nylon stockings.
- In Asian ornament the boteh motifs are typically placed in orderly rows, though especially in India they may appear in a pattern in a variety of sizes, colours, and orientations, which is also characteristic of European paisley patterns.
- Reviewing the album's paired release with the 1982 EP "Baroque Hoedown", AllMusic critic Sean Westergaard gave it four and a half out of five stars and recommended the release as "a good way to check out this important band from the paisley underground".
- Mankolam, the pleasing paisley design, is modeled after a mango and associated with Lord Ganesha.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!