Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Accordingly, the X-bar theory, more specifically the binarity principle, does not impose a restriction on how a node branches.
- This is in keeping with X'Bar Theory of Phrase Structure Grammar, with Larson's tree structure using the empty Verb to which the V is raised.
- 0 remain hierarchical and involve multiple layers, with the nodes entering into governing and m-commanding relations, very much as in X-bar theory syntax.
- ”, we must specify at every level what lexical category each piece of the sentence belongs to Two common ways of notating the syntactic structure of a sentence under X-Bar Theory include bracketing and tree drawing.
- However, taking this data into account as it is the most complete source of language structure data, X-bar Theory states that underlying structure will differ from surface structure, especially in languages that have seemingly non-dominant structures.
- However, many modern schools of syntax – especially those that have been influenced by X-bar theory – make no such restriction.
- In line with both Phrase Structure Rules and X-bar theory, syntactic labelling plays an important role within Chomsky's Minimalist Program (MP).
- In the theory of Generative Grammar, the verb second phenomenon has been described as an application of X-bar theory.
- X-bar theory — first introduced in Chomsky (1970) and elaborated in Jackendoff (1977) among other works — was a major milestone in the history of the development of generative grammar.
- In X-bar theory, adjuncts are represented as elements that are sisters to X' levels and daughters of X' level adjunct X'...].
- In linguistics, antisymmetry is a syntactic theory presented in Richard S.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!