|VERB || to antedate | antedated | antedated|
antedating | antedates
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- In common with other "palos" originating in Málaga, the rondeña antedated flamenco proper and became incorporated into it during the 19th century.
- The Vindolanda tablets were, at the time of their discovery, the oldest surviving handwritten documents in Britain (they have since been antedated by the Bloomberg tablets).
- There the layout of the official British Monthly Digest of Statistics under Sir Harry Campion antedated Ehrenberg by many years, but set a pattern in many ways the same.
- His date of commission as a Second Lieutenant was antedated to 1 September 1935 and he was promoted Lieutenant on 1 December 1937.
- In banking, antedated refers to cheques which have been written by the drawer, and dated at some point in the past.
- The first compact car marketed by the American Big Three automobile manufacturers (though antedated by the Rambler American), the Falcon was the third car line introduced by Ford, following the full-sized Ford and the Ford Thunderbird.
- Though this antedated Benson's move to Rye, he already knew the town well, having, for example, first visited Henry James at Lamb House in 1900.
- It is the earliest surviving electric-powered musical instrument, antedated only by the Denis d'or, which is only known from written accounts.
- In 2003, the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature fixed the valid specific name of the wild gaur as the first available name based on the wild population, even though it was antedated by the name for the domestic form.
- Although the 1962 novel antedated extensive US activity in Vietnam and was not based on any historic incidents, by the December 1966 release of the film it was seen as an explicit statement on the US's extensive combat involvement in the Vietnam War in reviews published by "The New York Times" and "Life" magazine.
- At the same site is the Shrine of Our Lady of the Incarnation, a chapel overlooking the sea, whose construction is said to have antedated the fort.
- He was promoted to the rank of flying officer in April 1964, with seniority antedated to July 1962, with promotion to flight lieutenant following in July 1968.
- He was promoted to the rank of lieutenant in January 1945, antedated to September 1944.
- Pausanias, deferring to Pamphos, believed that the myth of Persephone long antedated that of Narcissus, and hence discounts the idea the flower was named after the youth.
- He was promoted substantive major 29 August 1946 (the date of promotion was later antedated to 1 July 1946).
- He was promoted Lieutenant 14 April 1916, later antedated to 1 September 1915.
- The earliest version of the temple (a Bronze Age "temenos") antedated the Ionic immigration by many years.
- The evolution of picorna-like viruses seems to have antedated the separation of eukaryotes into the extant crown groups.
- He was promoted captain 17 August 1916; however this was later antedated to 1 September 1915.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!