|NOUN || a cedar forest | cedar forests |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- of land that was previously cedar forest. A dam was built in 1931 that blocked the flow of the Thunder Bay River to provide reserve water for the Alpena Power Company hydroelectric power plant located in the city of Alpena, Michigan.
- It is close to Mount Barouk, which is famous for its cedar forest.
- A valley in Lebanon is still called the Valley of Lamartine as a commemoration of that visit, and the Lebanon cedar forest still harbors the "Lamartine Cedar", which is said to be the cedar under which Lamartine had sat 200 years ago.
- is a member of the Shor tribe of Siberia and has worked for over 15 years to protect the cedar forest surrounding the home of his tribe in the Kemerovo Oblast of Russia.
- "M. bornmuelleri" is found in high mountain areas in Israel, Lebanon, and Syria. Its preferred natural habitats are cedar forest, shrubland, and alpine grassland.
- The tree cover varies from pine forest in the lower reaches of the valley by Tirthan river, Deodar/Cedar forest in the middle region, Fir/Spruce/Oak/Horse Chestnut/Rhododendron in the upper parts followed by the lush meadows above the tree line.
- Next to the village is a cedar forest that began with trees imported from North Africa during the Napoleonic era.
- Along with Pachaug-Great Meadow Swamp, it is one of the finest remaining examples of an Atlantic white cedar forest.
- The Cedar Forest (Sumerian: ????????giš eren giš tir) is the glorious realm of the gods of Mesopotamian mythology.
- Fitch's sons, because of "the height of the land, and a large cedar forest."
- In the journey to the cedar forest and Huwawa, Enkidu interprets one of Gilgamesh's dreams.
- He named it Cedar City due to its location in a cedar forest.
- The village was formerly a logging town, surrounded by red cedar forest.
- In the Epic of Gilgamesh, one of the earliest great works of literature, the Sumerian hero Gilgamesh and his friend Enkidu travel to the legendary Cedar Forest to kill its guardian and cut down its trees.
- Except for an historic stone church built in the late 19th century, the North Grenville Archives, and a brickyard, the area consists mainly of farms and homes set in a mixture of farmland and cedar forest.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!