|NOUN || a constriction | constrictions |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Although the shafts in the fossils of the shells are usually parallel to each other, small aberrations during each growth stage often caused abrupt constrictions in the shape of the shell.
- Closure of the umbilical artery by vasoconstriction consists of multiple constrictions which increase in number and degree with time.
- Shell has probably only one straight shaft that is initially without ribs and constrictions.
- Since then, the new dormitory has been rarely utilized due to budget constrictions.
- "A Dangerous Meeting" is a compilation album of King Diamond and Mercyful Fate songs. The vinyl version included "Satan's Fall", which was omitted from the CD version due to time constrictions.
- Secondary constrictions are the constricted or the narrow region found at any point of the chromosome other than that of centromere (primary constriction).
- The arterial constrictions in moyamoya disease are unlike the constrictions in atherosclerosis.
- Outflow from the south Branch to the main channel is inhibited by the "U" shape turn in the Rahway River and six bridge constrictions within a mile.
- The pods are 3–5 cm long and 10mm wide, straight or slightly curved and made of a hard and woody material covered in little, soft, white hairs with slight constrictions between seeds.
- Named for the Pyramid of Djoser in Saqqara, Egypt because the commarginal constrictions of "Swiftopecten djoserus" resemble the unique stepwise form of this pyramid. A noun in apposition.
- an offshoot of early "Valdedorsella", which differ in having a more broadly rounded whorl section and generally straight radial constrictions.
- Two or three lateral constrictions are formed on each whorl during early growth stages but constrictions are absent at full maturity.
- The shell of "Phoenixites" is discoidal, on which constrictions may be present. Growth lines are strongly biconvex in juvenile stages, later with shallow a lateral sinus.
- However, in January 2015, it was announced that the series had been placed on hiatus due to budget constrictions.
- The shell surface of "Bitaunioceras" has a few, shallow, rounded constrictions and numerous, unequal, prominent transverse wire-like lirae.
- Hedysareae is a tribe of plants in the subfamily Faboideae. Hedysareae species have loments, a type of modified legume that breaks apart at constrictions occurring between the segments of the seeds.
- Along the way, it encounters a few constrictions that narrow the floodplain.
- Shells of "Protetragonites" species reach a diameter of about [...]. Shells show few constrictions and a circular or triangular section.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!