|NOUN || a knoll | knolls |
|SYNO ||hammock | hillock | hummock | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The temple is set on a knoll that has become known as "Temple Hill."
- The land in the centre of Dduallt spiral is the knoll of a small hill and it is set out with an orientation table as a viewing point with extensive views over the upper vale of Ffestiniog.
- A memorial stands at nearby Beech Knoll in Stourton to mark the site where an RAF transport plane crashed on 19 February 1945, killing 21 on board.
- The gorge sections of the Hamps and Manifold valleys incise the Ecton Limestone Formation and associated knoll-reefs to a point just downstream of their confluence.
- Willis was also documented in the HSCA report stating that her father, military veteran Phillip Willis, became very upset when the Dallas policemen, sheriffs, and detectives ran away from the grassy knoll, after they had first quickly run onto the grassy knoll where he thought a shot had been fired from.
- According to some researchers, the grassy knoll was identified by most witnesses as the area from where shots were fired.
- The grassy knoll is a small, sloping hill inside the plaza that became of interest following the assassination of United States President John F.
- The Knoll (...) is a snow-free knoll, [...] high, surmounting Cape Crozier at the eastern extremity of Ross Island, Antarctica.
- The term "knolling" was first used in 1987 by Andrew Kromelow, a janitor at Frank Gehry's furniture fabrication shop.
- The Feyerharm Knoll is an ice-covered knoll protruding to [...] in a [...] terrain on the lower northeastern slope of Mount Sidley.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!