|NOUN || a macaw palm | macaw palms |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Licuri palm nuts are the main food source of Lear's macaw, making up around 95% of their diet. These nuts can grow to be one inch (2.5 cm) in width.
- Or it may derive from the Macaw tree, a tall palm with thorns - headdresses worn by the Moko-Jumbies are said to be patterned after a Macaw in bloom.
- The blue-throated macaw lives in the Llano de Moxos of the Beni Department of Bolivia, nesting in "Islas" (islands) of palm trees that dot the level plains.
- The glaucous macaw was extirpated in the 1800s by clearance for agriculture and cattle grazing of the yatay palm (Butia yatay) groves upon which it fed, though rumors of its continued existence persist.
- The nuts of this palm are alleged to have been the main diet of the glaucous macaw in 1993, although the taxonomy of local "Butia" populations has changed somewhat since then.
- This designation was due to the abundance of a species of palm, which the Indians call "macaw" or "macaw", now extinct in the county.
- The main threat for the survival of the great green macaw was habitat loss.
- For example, while researching the biology of the scarlet macaw in the eastern amazon, he was made aware of the constant onslaught that the species was subjected to as a result of the illegal pet trade.
- With the aim of providing nesting sites for large macaws in 1990, nest boxes made of palm ("Iriartea ventricosa") were hung on branches of "Dipteryx micrantha" trees.
- Hyacinth macaws ("Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus") have been repeatedly observed to use tools when breaking open nuts, for example, pieces of wood being used as a wedge.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!