|VERB || to mythologize | mythologized | mythologized|
mythologizing | mythologizes
|SYNO ||to mythicise | to mythicize | to mythologise | ...|
VERB to infinitive | simple past | past participle
present participle | 3rd person
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- During the Nazi era, he was part of the Confessing Church, and in the 1960s took part in the debate around the demands of Rudolf Bultmann to 'de-mythologize' the New Testament as an advocate of a word-oriented interpretation of the Bible.
- Some of the surfers claimed that Wolfe took liberties with the facts to embellish and mythologize the lifestyle of the surfers.
- He is also fascinated with Root's accident, which he tries to contextualize and mythologize.
- Macdonald (and by later governments and influential writers) to create a myth of "hardy fisherfolk" and "Nova Scotia rustics" that actually demean, commidify, and mythologize the realities of working-class lived experience in Nova Scotia.
- There is a general reluctance in Japan to allow a historical analysis of the regalia as such an assessment could potentially "de-mythologize" the items.
- Rice also wrote extensively to mythologize the nostalgia of American pioneer life. She was also a public lecturer.
- Daoists mythologize Hongjun Laozu as the ancestor of "xian" "trancendents; immortals" (Werner 1922:133-134) and use the honorific name Hongyuan Laozu (...) "Great Primal Ancestor".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!