Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Following this, Ọyọ-Ile was abandoned, and the Ọyọ retreated south to the present city of Oyo (formerly known as "Ago d'oyo", or "Oyo Atiba") in a forested region where the cavalry of the Sokoto Caliphate was less effective. Further attempts by the Sokoto Caliphate to expand southwards were checked by the Yoruba who had rallied in defense under the military leadership of the ascendant Ibadan clan, which rose from the old Oyo Empire, and of the Ijebu city-states.
- Rukirabasaija Omukama Oyo Nyimba Kabamba Iguru Rukidi IV, King Oyo, is the reigning Omukama of Tooro, in Uganda. He was born on 16 April 1992 to King Patrick David Mathew Kaboyo Olimi III and Queen Best Kemigisa Kaboyo. Three and half years later in 1995, Oyo ascended the throne and succeeded his father to become the 12th ruler of the 180-year-old Kingdom of Tooro.
- The 1983 Oyo State gubernatorial election occurred on August 13, 1983. NPN's Victor Omololu Olunloyo won election for a first term, defeating main opposition UPN candidate, Bola Ige, and other party candidates in the contest.
- Akande was born in Ibadan, Oyo State. He attended Omolewa Nursery and Primary School and Loyola College, Ibadan. He completed his A-Levels at the Oyo State College of Arts and Sciences, Ile Ife. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from the University of Ibadan in 1990 and a master's degree in Communication and Language Arts from the same University in 1992.
- Adeoyo Hospital formerly known as "Adeoyo maternity hospital" (established in 1928) is a large "now known as a general" hospital. It is located in the city of Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria.
- "Peplometus oyo" is a species of jumping spider in the genus "Peplometus" that lives in Nigeria. It was first described in 2011 and placed in the genus "Pachyballus" but was transferred to "Peplometus" in 2020.
- Yetunde Onanuga was born at Adeoyo Hospital in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State in Nigeria. Her father was F.T. Fabamwo.
- Omololu-Olunloyo is the daughter of former Oyo State governor Victor Omololu Olunloyo and the second of ten children. She lived for 14 years in Nigeria, 20 years in the United States, and five years in Canada before returning to Nigeria.
- The Moon (Kaachi) and Sun (Hadali) are also spoken of in masculine genders, as they join the Earth mother (Onabo-oyo Koyaha) to create life in the physical world (plants cannot grow without being 'fertilized' by sunlight) and women's childbirths tend to cycle with the moon, the tides also are Moon (Kaachi) assisted.
- In 1976 he obtained a Diploma in Town Planning from The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State, and was an Assistant Town Planning Officer with Urban Development Consultants in Ibadan, oyo state from 1976 to 1977.
- Victor Omololu Olunloyo (born 14 April 1935) is a mathematician who became governor of Oyo State in Nigeria in October 1983, holding the office briefly until the military regime of Muhammadu Buhari took power in December 1983. He later became a power in the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State.
- Born in the Kanda area of Tokyo, Gonda was early attracted to the socialism of Isoo Abe, and his early political activities earned expulsion from Waseda High School. His first book, "The Principles and Applications of the Moving Pictures" (Katsudō shashin no genri oyobi ōyō), was published in 1914, and was the first full-length monograph in Japan studying the medium of cinema. His later research on lower class life and popular play focused on how popular culture was generated from the bottom up and challenged top-down notions of national or modern culture.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!