|NOUN || an ozone level | ozone levels |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- This nine-county zone has recorded ozone levels that exceed the EPA's ozone standard since 2004.
- Monitoring stations reveal that half of the areas with monitoring stations are surpass emission limits considered safe by the WHO, Particulate Matter (PM10) and ozone levels are the leading problem.
- It has also been shown that ozone levels are much higher in the dry than in the wet season in the Amazon basin.
- The station is designed to check for various pollutants as well as ozone levels and weather.
- The San Joaquin Valley suffers from extremely high ozone levels that tend to increase even more on hot days.
- STS-66 further advanced comprehensive effort to collect data about sun's energy output, chemical makeup of the Earth's middle atmosphere, and how these factors affect global ozone levels.
- Red alder is often used by scientists as a biomonitoring organism to locate areas prone to ozone pollution, as the leaves react to the presence of high ozone levels by developing red to brown or purple discolorations.
- The standard way to express total ozone levels (the amount of ozone in a given vertical column) in the atmosphere is by using Dobson units.
- However independent of the computer models presented in the 1975 NRC works, a paper in 1973 in the journal "Nature" depicts the stratospheric ozone levels worldwide overlaid upon the number of nuclear detonations during the era of atmospheric testing.
- Excessive ozone levels can occur due to industrial activities; nearby Houston is ranked among the most ozone-polluted cities in the United States.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!