|NOUN || a pachycephalosaur | pachycephalosaurs |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- It also has a domed head that would have resembled those of pachycephalosaurs.
- The curvature of the ischium and absence of an obturator foramen were not characteristics seen in other pachycephalosaurs.
- Like some other pachycephalosaurs, "Prenocephale" is known only from skulls and a few other small bones.
- Ornithischians include the pachycephalosaurs "Homalocephale" and "Prenocephale", the hadrosaurid "Saurolophus", the ankylosaurs "Saichania" and "Tarchia".
- However, there have also been alternative suggestions that the pachycephalosaurs could not have used their domes in this way.
- recovered the animals traditionally considered 'heterodontosaurids' as a basal grouping within Pachycephalosauria, paraphyletic with respect to the traditional, dome-headed pachycephalosaurs.
- Since the type specimen of this genus was only a tooth and "Troodon" teeth are unusually similar to those of the unrelated thick-headed pachycephalosaurs, "Troodon" and its relatives would be embroiled in taxonomic confusion for over a century.
- "Triceratops"), the pachycephalosaurs or "thick-headed" dinosaurs, the armored dinosaurs (Thyreophora) such as stegosaurs and ankylosaurs, and the ornithopods.
- The discovery of this specimen lead to several new revelations in the fossil records questioning the preservation of small-bodied organisms along with the evolution of early pachycephalosaurs.
- The inner artwork includes images of other dinosaur skulls steganographically overlapped in a similar manner to the front cover, including two pachycephalosaurs and "Ankylosaurus".
- The recognizable skull domes present in pachycephalosaurs were formed by the fusion of the frontal and parietal bones and the addition of thick deposits of bone to that unit.
- It is uncertain what pachycephalosaurs ate; having very small, ridged teeth they could not have chewed tough, fibrous plants as effectively as other dinosaurs of the same period.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!