Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- A comparable element in roof construction is a purlin.
- The church's roof is the oldest surviving example of an ornate ridge purlin in Sweden, dating back to the 12th century.
- A purlin plate in wood construction is also called an "arcade plate" in European English, "under purlin", and "principal purlin".
- At the gables the eaves may extend beyond the gable end wall by projecting the purlins and are usually capped off by bargeboards to protect the wall and the purlin ends.
- A rafter can be reinforced with a strut, principal purlin, collar beam, or, rarely, an auxiliary rafter (see below).
- The wind-brace below the purlin in this location has been removed, the jointing retained, and the west end of the purlin truncated.
- The living room was bisected by the ridge purlin, the fireplace placed in one half of the room.
- The purlins are attached to the ribs using a "hook" bolt, which hooks through a pre-drilled hole in the rib and is secured into the purlin. The hook bolt is a unique feature of the Nissen design.
- A purlin-plate runs across the top of the bents, also mortised and braced.
- There is an intact roof truss, and the main roof timbers meet vertically underneath the roof purlin, which Lake considers characteristic of Cheshire timber framing of the 15th century.
- The rafters rise from end plates to a purlin where the roof pitch changes.
- Among the rituals of restoration of traditional Chinese buildings, the raising of the ridge purlin, the main roof support beam, is the most significant.
- On a purlin roof the ridge posts carry the ridge purlin.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!