|NOUN || quadriplegia | quadriplegias |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Voelker was a full-time wheelchair user due to a spinal cord injury (quadriplegia) from a high-speed, motocross accident at 16.
- Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA) is a non-government organisation which provides advocacy and services to people with spinal cord injury (paraplegia, quadriplegia) and similar conditions.
- Spastic quadriplegia is generally caused by brain damage or disruptions in normal brain development preceding birth.
- The condition of paralysis affecting four limbs is alternately termed "tetraplegia" or "quadriplegia".
- Dobelle's Avery Biomedical Devices also created the portable breathing pacemaker, which has been used by patients with quadriplegia, central apnea, and other respiratory ailments.
- People with spastic quadriplegia are the least likely to be able to walk, or if they can, to want to walk, because their muscles are too tight and it is too much effort to do so.
- Callahan died on July 24, 2010, following surgery for chronic bed sores. His brother stated the causes of his death were complications of quadriplegia and respiratory problems. He was 59 years old.
- While in college, Emery was diagnosed with Charcot-Marie-Tooth, a degenerative nerve disease and she lives with quadriplegia and diabetes.
- In 2002, she was shot in the neck during a robbery at her workplace. Her injuries resulted in quadriplegia.
- A skiing accident in 2011 resulted in quadriplegia.
- Athletes in this class have moderate quadriplegia, and difficulty with forward trunk movement.
- Samuel Koch (born 28 September 1987) is a German actor and former stunt performer. In 2010, during the filming of "Wetten, dass..?", he was involved in an incident that resulted in his quadriplegia.
- She married Chung Nak-hyun, an ex-swimmer who has also been having a quadriplegia following his diving accident.
- The consequence of injury to the nerve cord is, in the worst of circumstances, quadriplegia.
- These include paraplegia, quadriplegia, muscular dystrophy, post-polio syndrome and spina bifida.
- People with high-level disabilities, such as quadriplegia, have complete control of the vessel using sip-and-puff technology, with many sailing solo.
- A further, albeit rare, complication of CSF leak is transient quadriplegia due to a sudden and significant loss of CSF.
- Standing chairs are used by people with both paraplegia and quadriplegia, since a variety of standing options are available to accommodate for mild-to-severe disabilities.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!