|NOUN || terbinafine | - |
|SYNO ||Lamisil | terbinafine|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- It also displays superior activity against "Candida albicans" than terbinafine and naftifine. Butenafine demonstrates low minimum inhibitory concentrations against "Cryptococcus" and "Aspergillus".
- If not resolving, terbinafine or itraconazole by mouth might be options.
- Typical therapy consists of oral antifungals, such as griseofulvin or terbinafine, for a sustained duration of at least 6-8 weeks depending on severity.
- The antifungal medication terbinafine taken by mouth appears to be the most effective but is associated with liver problems.
- For extensive skin lesions, itraconazole and terbinafine can speed up healing. Terbinafine is preferred over itraconazole due to fewer drug interactions.
- Terbinafine first became available in Europe in 1991 and in the United States in 1996.
- Terbinafine given for 2 to 4 weeks is at least as effective as griseofulvin given for 6 to 8 weeks for treatment of Trichophyton scalp infections.
- Alternative therapies include the use of terbinafine and potassium iodine for cutaneous infection, and amphotericin B for severe pulmonary and disseminated forms of infection.
- floccosum"-related infections are usually effective, commonly with the use of terbinafine, itraconazole, and ketoconazole.
- It is also used in MycoVa, a terbinafine antifungal nail lacquer for onychomycosis currently in phase-III clinical trials.
- India is the most affected country, with the rate of microbiological resistance to terbinafine estimated at 11.4%.
- Topical therapy is not usually effective for tinea capitis for which oral therapy with terbinafine, fluconazole, or griseofulvin is superior.
- Animal treatment is usually done with itraconazole or ketoconazole; most European countries use off label terbinafine in cats and dogs.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!