|NOUN || urushiol | urushiols |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Bentoquatam is a bentonate-based topical medication intended to act as a shield against exposure to urushiol, the oil found in plants such as poison ivy or poison oak.
- The suffix also appears in some trivial names with reference to oils (from Latin "oleum", oil). Examples of this sense of the suffix include phenol, eugenol, urushiol, and menthol.
- Urushiol-induced contact dermatitis is caused by contact with a plant or any other object containing urushiol oil.
- Another allergen is urushiol, a resin produced by poison ivy and poison oak, which causes the skin rash condition known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis by changing a skin cell's configuration so that it is no longer recognized by the immune system as part of the body.
- Like other members of the family Anacardiaceae (which includes poison ivy, sumac, mango, and cashew), pistachios contain urushiol, an irritant that can cause allergic reactions.
- "Toxicodendron diversilobum" leaves and twigs have a surface oil, urushiol, which causes an allergic reaction.
- In addition to his work on cannabis, ElSohly's research on urushiol led to the development of PDC-APB, a candidate for a vaccine against skin irritation from poison ivy.
- The name urushiol is derived from the Japanese word for the lacquer tree, [...].
- The pentadecyl catechols of the oleoresin within the sap of poison ivy and related plants causes the allergic reaction; the plants produce a mixture of pentadecylcatechols, which collectively is called urushiol.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!