Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The species most often reported are dolphins (especially white-beaked dolphins), northern minke whale and orcas.
- Marine life includes Atlantic bluefin tuna, white-sided and white-beaked dolphins, and pinnipeds.
- "Curetis felderi", the white-beaked sunbeam, is a species of butterfly belonging to the lycaenid family. It is found in Southeast Asia (Sumatra, Peninsular Malaya, Borneo).
- Several species of cetaceans are commonly found including common porpoise, white-beaked dolphin, killer whale and minke whale.
- A 60-metre-deep channel, called the Botney Cut, runs through the Cleaver Bank. Animals like harbour porpoises, minke whales, and white-beaked dolphin live there, mainly in the summer.
- In Svalbard, polar bears were observed to kill white-beaked dolphins during spring, when the dolphins were trapped in the sea ice.
- It is traditionally placed in the genus "Lagenorhynchus", but there is consistent molecular evidence that supports the Atlantic white-sided dolphin and the white-beaked dolphin as basal members of the family Delphinidae and not closely related.
- In addition, the white-beaked dolphin is covered by the Agreement on the Conservation of Small Cetaceans of the Baltic, North East Atlantic, Irish and North Seas (ASCOBANS).
- At Lystrup Enge, Yderhede and other places the bones of cetaceans and pinnipeds have been found; specifically, of killer whales, the white-beaked dolphin, and the bottlenose dolphin among the cetaceans.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!