Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The novel's title influenced the name of the first French discothèque, the Whisky à gogo, opened later in the same year of the book's publication in Juan-les-Pins by Paul Pacini, which, in turn, was influential in the naming of West Hollywood's Whisky a Go Go in 1958.
- In 1969, she appeared in the "Hippies À GoGo" program organized weekly at Queen Bee discotheque on Nguyen Hue Street, Saigon.
- The dance clubs "boîtes à gogo" that catered to it gave way to discothèques when the fashion for gogo gave way to disco at the beginning of the 1970s.
- Helmut Jederknüller is a Swedish musician most associated with the group known as Helmut Jederknüller mit seinem Super Stereo à Gogo Orchester, that plays light music as played in 1967–1973.
- "Gala de gaffes à gogo", written and drawn by Franquin and Jidéhem, is an album of the original "Gaston Lagaffe" series, numbered R1.
- "Bébés à gogo" [...] , is a French comedy film from 1956, directed by Paul Mesnier, written by Marcel Franck, starring Jane Sourza and Louis de Funès.
- Born Andrée Marcelle Henriette Parisy in Levallois-Perret, she was best known for her roles in films such as "Le Petit Baigneur" and "Bébés à gogo"; she also appeared in the 1968 film "Mayerling", in which she played Princess Stéphanie of Belgium.
- The first MondoHomo was created by Kiki Carr and Nikki Chotas, and inspired by Olympia, Washington's Homo-a-Gogo Festival.
- In 1965, having worked with DJ Tony Blackburn at "Discs-a-Gogo" and auditioning for the pirate radio station Radio Caroline North on a ship in the Irish Sea, he joined the station, developing his personality as "your royal ruler".
- In 1966 The Tripp performed at Maple Leaf Gardens with other local bands, and took part in the Toronto Sound-a-gogo show.
- She has also performed with groups such as Grannies and Trannies at the music festival Homo-A-GoGo.
- Georgia remarks on matters such as her bewilderment that people in "Hamburger-a-gogo-land" refer to a lavatory as a "restroom" when she considers it one of the least restful places.
- Go-go dancing originated in the early 1960s at the French bar Whisky a Gogo located in Juan-les-Pins.
- In a 2017 interview for Dutch television station Top 2000 a gogo, Hugh Cornwell says he believes that the song would have got to Number 1 if bassist Jean-Jacques Burnel had not told the press that the song was about heroin, at which point broadcasters removed it from their playlists, prejudicing sales.
- Walton was a disc jockey on Radio Luxembourg, and for a time presented several tv music shows:- "Honey Hit Parade", and then "Cool for Cats" from 1956 to 1961, then Discs A Gogo for TWW Television from 1961 to 1965.
- The album was released in 18 countries and the single from the album, "Giddyap a Gogo", which Visser recorded with Daniel Sahuleka, reached the Dutch Top 40, which resulted in Visser's only appearance as an artist in his own "Toppop" programme.
- In 1982 Daniel Sahuleka was greatly admired in Europe as vocalist of the song "Giddyap a Gogo", composed by Ad Visser, and the single reached the Dutch Top 40.
- In Germany, they also performed it on "Hits a GoGo".
- Her second album entitled "Konpa A Gogo" came out in May 2006.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!