|NOUN || a caldarium | caldaria |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The rooms of these springs consisted of a raised pool in the caldarium, latrines etc.
- The bathing complex is arranged around a central rectangular hall and included a frigidarium with an antechamber, a tepidarium, and a caldarium.
- This led to various types of heated rooms including the caldarium, tepidarium, laconicum or sudatorium, and the frigidarium.
- In the rhodophytes Cyanidium caldarium and Galdieria sulphuraria, C-PC production is repressed by glucose but stimulated by heme.
- In 1898, she named it "Protococcus botryoides" f. "caldarium."
- The word "caldarium" comes from the Latin word "caleo", meaning "to be hot".
- It was a large complex with three principal baths: the apodyterium, the frigidarium, and the caldarium.
- It was followed by the frigidarium, the tepidarium and caldarium.
- Six rooms have been excavated, including a tepidarium (room 4) and a caldarium (rooms 5-6). These rooms have the traditional Roman hypocaust heating system.
- The third area is the hot room or caldarium, a little wider than the previous one which has fourteen hexagonal skylights of the same type, very rare, which enhance the uniqueness of this bath.
- These represent the full repertoire seen in other Roman baths, including the tepidarium, frigidarium and caldarium.
- The baths comprise an apodyterium (changing room), tepidarium (warm room) and caldarium (hot room), with attached furnace, water well, "sāqiyah" or water-lifting device, and raised water tank.
- The temperature of the caldarium is not known exactly: however, since the Romans used sandals with a wooden sole, it could not be higher than [...].
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!