|ADJ || Dantean | more Dantean | most Dantean |
|SYNO ||Dantean | Dantesque|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- He has to travel through Dantean realities (and artist, political activist and gay social networks in the Berkeley of the 1940s and 1950s) to return home and resume his life as an old man.
- Punishment of the sinners in the second circle of hell is an example of Dantean "contrapasso".
- In 2013, Kilgour collaborated with Elena Lombardi to compose a book of essays regarding Dantean scholars.
- But after initial disappointment that the sequel was not the equal of its predecessor, there is now a tendency to review the work as a valid continuation of the Dantean tradition.
- Turin, Einaudi, 1964), has described Petrarch's language in terms of "unilinguismo" (contrasted with Dantean "plurilinguismo").
- Widower Anthonie Petrus Wirix and their children donated her extensive Dantean collection to the National Library of the Netherlands.
- "Montes", mountains, can be named in the Dantean or Greek categories, or for associated features.
- Paget Jackson Toynbee, FBA (1855–1932) was a British Dante scholar. Robert Hollander has described Toynbee as 'the most influential Dantean scholar of his time'.
- Irma Brandeis (1905–1990) was an American scholar of Dante Alighieri. Her work "The Ladder of Vision" was acclaimed as a breakthrough in Dantean studies upon its publication in the 1960s.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!