|NOUN || a desideratum | desiderata |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Especially the quality of his Old Masters, caused high ranking on Hitlers desiderata list.
- Wardrop did not provide algorithms for solving Wardrop equilibria, he simply defined them as desiderata.
- Dr Nollaig O Muraile has also expressed a wish that someone will undertake one of "those great desiderata in this particular field – namely new, up-to-date editions of the Annals of Tigernach, of Mageoghegan's Book" (i.e. ...
- Since the factors underlying these desiderata are at odds, tuning of the catalyst properties has proven difficult.
- Optional desiderata include that the agent be rational, and that the agent be capable of belief-desire-intention analysis.
- Some researchers have doubted whether a consistent definition of propositionhood is possible, David Lewis even remarking that "the conception we associate with the word ‘proposition’ may be something of a jumble of conflicting desiderata".
- The further desiderata are outlined by Sauder (1995).
- He asserts that "all the values in which mankind at present summarizes its highest desiderata are "decadence values".
- Several experiments were conducted with people, in order to find out what is the relative importance of several desiderata in choosing an allocation.
- Having prepared British desiderata for the Paris Peace Conference, the Committee asked the Cabinet on 7 January 1919 to be dissolved.
- However better knowledge of Utraquist theology belongs among the major desiderata of historical scholarship.
- "Halomonas desiderata" is an alkaliphilic, halotolerant and denitrifying bacterium first isolated from a municipal sewage works.
- However, these desires (or "desiderata") seemingly form an inconsistent triad, and thus a trilemma.
- Archie's conversations with other characters often feature his penchant for arch wit, which can serve purposes such as playing devil's advocate to "badger" Wolfe into working; stalling or goading police officers; issuing threats under the guise of ironically ingenuous observations; or charming female characters into cooperating with Wolfe's professional desiderata.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!