|NOUN || an eye-opener | eye-openers |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- For Asiya, Jameela’s story was “an eye opener” to practice Islam.
- Biju, was an eye-opener on how the use of endosulfan affected Northern Kerala villages.
- In April 2020, Murray alongside captain Lewis Dunk were in pay cuts talks as a result of the impact of COVID-19 with Murray stating, "It's bringing the club together even more" describing the talks with the board as "very positive" and an "eye-opener."
- Hoping that it might cheer Ken up, Dinah invites Charlie and Jody for Thanksgiving, but the family reunion only serves as an eye-opener to Ken Kimble's despicable character.
- Rettberg notes that the diversity of works submitted and shortlisted was "an eye-opener (..) in terms of what I might consider 'fiction' and 'poetry' to be in the e-lit context'.
- It was an immediate eye opener." The style was more difficult for him to learn than other martial arts disciplines.
- He soon managed to sell some of them to "Judge" magazine and then started having success submitting to the Minneapolis-based "Calgary Eye-Opener", a racy men's cartoon magazine of the era.
- Its previous names were Eye Opener Mountain and Phoebe's Teat, reportedly after a woman from Rocky Mountain House who would periodically visit the Nordegg miners in the 1930s.
- One of the channels ("Eye Opener With Michael Lewis") portrays itself as an independent effort by the host "and a few friends".
- Hasselmann has stated that "it was really an eye-opener to realize how specialized we are in our fields, and that we need to know much more about what was going on in other fields.
- The events were an eye opener for the government and troops, who had thought that the war could be won very easily.
- The lifestyle and culture of a foreign country was an eye-opener for the young Scotsman, and the medical expertise and sports science in Italy was far ahead of what was available in the UK at the time.
- CBC Calgary's first supper-hour newscast on CBRT was named "Evening Eye-Opener" and later, "The CBC Evening News".
- iven the message about education that had been pounded into my head since I was a young child, the fact those kids didn’t go to school was an eye-opener for me."
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!