Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- "Celestus fowleri", also known commonly as the bromeliad galliwasp and Fowler's galliwasp, is a species of lizard in the family Diploglossidae.
- "O what if the fowler my blackbird has taken?" is given as by him, but there is a related old ballad.
- Outboard ailerons are manually actuated, elevators and rudder are hydraulic with a mechanical backup, fly-by-wire spoilers augment roll control, act as speedbrakes and dump lift on the ground, hydraulic single-slotted fowler flap have four positions: 0/10/20/30°.
- The "crafty fowler" is probably Sir Francis Walsingham, the spymaster who manipulated the Babington plot.
- Antonio Valli da Todi (fl. 1600) was an Italian fowler and writer noted for the book "Il Canto degl'Augelli" (Italian, 'The song of the birds'), (1601).
- His work is included in a major exhibition at the Fowler Museum at UCLA in the second half of 2021: See https://www.fowler.ucla.edu/exhibitions/photo-cameroon/.
- span wing employs fowler flaps and has a fixed 70% span leading edge slot.
- "Ophichthus fowleri", also known as the Fowler's snake eel is a species of eel in the family Ophichthidae.
- The story also has details in common with The Fowler and the Snake.
- Examples include a theory on caste, a theory on governance, and the fable of the wicked fowler and compassionate pigeons.
- "Longitarsus fowleri" is named in honour of Coleopterist William Weekes Fowler.
- Vogler surname derived from an occupational name for someone who was a fowler, or birdcatcher.
- "Litobranchus fowleri", Fowler's rockskipper, is a species of combtooth blenny found in coral reefs in the western Pacific ocean.
- The gravestone of the artist Florence St John Cadell bears a line from Psalm 124: "even as a bird out of the fowler's snare".
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!