Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Baboons have also exhibited extensive tool use, seen within research on the chacma baboon ("Papio ursinus") troops living on the desert floor of the Kuiseb Canyon in South West Africa.
- Kuisebmond Stadium takes its name from the mouth of the Kuiseb River, located south of Walvis Bay. The stadium was renovated in 2009 at a cost of three million Namibian dollars.
- Southern Namib (between Lüderitz and the Kuiseb River) comprises a vast dune sea with some of the tallest and most spectacular dunes in the world, ranging in color from pink to vivid orange.
- Gobabeb lies at the meeting point of three different ecosystems: the ephemeral Kuiseb River, the Sand Dunes Sea to the south and the gravel plains to the north.
- For example, research conducted on the surface geology of the Namib Desert allowed geologists to interpret ancient movements of the Kuiseb River based on rock ages and features identified in the area.
- The road, which runs along the Kuiseb River, has a maximum slope of 1:10 and is therefore not suitable for motorized trailer traffic.
- ǃNara melons which grow on the banks of the Kuiseb are the primary staple food of the Topnaars.
- "Acanthoproctus diadematus" (Namibia katydid or Nara cricket) is an armoured katydid, bush-cricket, or ground cricket endemic to the Namib Desert of southern Africa, where it lives in the tall sand dunes along the Kuiseb River in Namib-Naukluft National Park.
- In 1907, the area between the Swakop River and the Kuiseb was designated by the German colonial administration as a game reserve.
- south of the Kuiseb River, so that the park included the Kuiseb but excluded the Swakop due to the economic activities at its banks.
- "Ptenopus kochi" occurs between the Kuiseb River southwards to Lüderitz.
- southwest of Windhoek, it dams the Kuiseb River and provides water to nearby Matchless Mine.
- Kuiseb River and Canyon; Gaub River Canyon; the Tropic of Capricorn road sign, which is located at the following geo coordinates: -23.50019, 15.77216; Solitaire.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!