|NOUN || Lake Tana | - |
|SYNO ||Lake Tana | Lake Tsana|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Bahir Dar is one of the leading tourist destinations in Ethiopia, with a variety of attractions in the nearby Lake Tana and Blue Nile river.
- Towards the end of September he visits Lake Tana and in January-February the churches of Lalibela.
- The following morning, April 1, Starace and the column entered Gondar in triumph and two days later reached Lake Tana, securing the border region with British Sudan.
- He is said to have been ruling as Emperor 18 June 1847 when Empress Mennen was defeated in combat near the northern shores of Lake Tana by Kassa of Qwara (the future Tewodros II), who captured Yohannes and Mennen and traded them to "Ras" Ali for the title of "Dejazmach" and the territories of the deceased "Ras" Kinfu in Gojjam.
- He also served as a missionary to the southwest of Lake Tana, where he visited the source of the Blue Nile in 1629.
- Besides the Tekezé, other important tributaries of the Atbarah include the Shinfa River which rises west of Lake Tana, and the Greater Angereb which has its source north of the city of Gondar.
- Yared cooperated with them to build several churches in location of Lake Tana, Begemder and in Tigray Province.
- Agatharchides records that in the time of Ptolemy II Philadelphus, a military expedition had penetrated far enough along the course of the Blue Nile to determine that the summer floods were caused by heavy seasonal rainstorms in the Ethiopian Highlands, but no European of antiquity is known to have reached Lake Tana.
- In 2015, the Lake Tana region was nominated as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve recognizing its national and international natural and cultural importance.
- Mount Amara is in the same region as Lake Tana, the source of the Blue Nile river.
- A number of rivers cross the plateau; notably the Blue Nile rising from Lake Tana.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!