|NOUN || a larynx | larynges / larynxes |
|SYNO ||larynx | voice box|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Electromyography of the larynx muscles (larynx EMG), and establish an individual diagnosis and treatment plan for each patient.
- Humans produce sound by expelling air through the larynx.
- In testosterone replacement therapy vocal folds change faster than larynx.
- The aryepiglottic muscle together with the transverse arytenoid and the thyroarytenoid work as a sphincter and close the larynx as we swallow or cough.
- , consists of the tip of the tongue behind the lower teeth and a raised tongue root is linked with a raised larynx, producing a characteristic pitch for unstressed vowels of about an octave above the pitch of a relaxed larynx.
- He was also the author of an early treatise on the larynx in 1809, "Pathology of the Membrane of the Larynx and Bronchia".
- The thyroid cartilage is the largest of the nine cartilages that make up the "laryngeal skeleton", the cartilage structure in and around the trachea that contains the larynx.
- The posterior cricoarytenoid muscles are small, paired intrinsic muscles of the larynx that extend between cricoid cartilage to the arytenoid cartilages in the larynx.
- The larynx (...), commonly called the voice box, is an organ in the top of the neck involved in breathing, producing sound and protecting the trachea against food aspiration.
- The constriction of the larynx and surrounding tissues when pronouncing a glottalized resonant may cause the larynx to rise (usually) or occasionally to fall.
- During 1887 Kayser fell gravely sick with a throat illness which some sources identify as a cancer of the larynx. He died "as a consequence of a larynx operation" at Breslau on 30 March 1888.
- In linguistics, voicelessness is the property of sounds being pronounced without the larynx vibrating.
- Laryngectomy is the removal of the larynx and separation of the airway from the mouth, nose and esophagus.
- Multiple factors cause the muscles of the larynx to become tense.
- Surgery can include laser excision of small vocal cord lesions, partial laryngectomy (removal of part of the larynx) or total laryngectomy (removal of the whole larynx).
- "Ectopleura larynx" is usually found on rocks or attached to algae.
- The infrahyoid muscles function to elevate and depress the hyoid bone and larynx during swallowing and speech. This moves the larynx as one unit.
- Larynx Control: This figure trains raising and lowering of the larynx [...] influencing resonance. This figure was formerly known as the larynx height figure.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!