|NOUN || an oospore | oospores |
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Studies in Sicily have shown optimum time for oospore germination is between the end of February and the middle of March.
- This oospore will function as a survival structure for the pathogen over the winter, and serve as the primary inoculum the following spring.
- The survival structure is an oospore, which is the result of the karyogamy of two haploid gametes (the oogonium and antheridium).
- In oomycetes, the zygote forms through the fertilization of an egg cell with a sperm nucleus and enters a resting stage as a diploid, thick-walled oospore.
- An oospore is a thick-walled sexual spore that develops from a fertilized oosphere in some algae, fungi, and oomycetes.
- A haploid nucleus (gamete) from the antheridium will then be transferred through the fertilization tube into the oosphere, and fuse with the oosphere’s haploid nucleus forming a diploid oospore.
- The zygote produced is named an oospore.
- The storage material is starch, except in the oospore, where oil also occurs.
- "Phytophthora cactorum" can be identified by examining oogonia, antheridium, oospore, and sporangia structure.
- Antheridia will give one male nucleus to each eggs in oosphere then become diploid oospore.
- Once infection season comes to an end, sexual reproduction occurs to form an oospore.
- It has a spherical oogonium up to 25 µm in diameter, with an oospore that almost fills the oogonium.
- "Phytophthora" zoospores require water to germinate from the oospore, and can migrate by themselves through waterlogged soil.
- After fertilization, the zygote develops into an oospore.
- These sporangia germinate by producing zoospores with two flagella that help with zoospore movement.
- Over winter in the soil, oospores survive and wait for spring.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!