Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- A study regarding its metabolism, gas exchange, osmoregulation, and digestion suggest that it was rather similar to fish, rather than modern aquatic amphibians like salamanders.
- These include osmoregulation, thermoregulation, and sleep homeostasis.
- The enzyme is involved in carbohydrate metabolism, glucose metabolism, the uronate cycle and may play a role in the water absorption and cellular osmoregulation in the proximal renal tubules by producing xylitol.
- To balance osmotic pressure, these fish adopt an efficient mechanism of osmoregulation by retaining urea in their blood.
- Hagfish are the only known vertebrates with osmoregulation isosmotic to their external environment.
- A contractile vacuole (CV) is a sub-cellular structure (organelle) involved in osmoregulation.
- This may have a function in osmoregulation.
- They contribute to osmoregulation, controlling fluid balance in the body.
- Marine fish also excrete calcium carbonate during osmoregulation.
- In biology, solenocytes are flagellated cells associated with excretion, osmoregulation and ionoregulation in many animals and in some chordates under the sub-phylum Cephalochordata.
- However, the respiratory tract participates in osmoregulation through evaporative water loss.
- This copepod species has also been used as a model system in which to look at some questions in animal physiology including both neurobiology and osmoregulation.
- This complex may participate in the maintenance of water and electrolyte homeostasis (osmoregulation), during ontogeny and in the composition of the cerebrospinal fluid.
- The brain stem or myelencephalon is the brain's posterior. As well as controlling some muscles and body organs, in bony fish at least, the brain stem governs respiration and osmoregulation.
- Intestines aid in osmoregulation by intaking water from its environment and desalinating the water they intake to an iso-osmotic state with respect to blood, and are also responsible for digestion.
- However, the structures for excreting salt to maintain osmoregulation are typically more complex.
- In freshwater crustacea, the saccate metanephridia are especially large due to their role in osmoregulation; crustacea must remove large amounts of water from the tissues, as the cells are hypertonic to the surrounding water.
- Primarily herbivorous, green iguanas are presented with a special problem for osmoregulation; plant matter contains more potassium and as it has less dense nutritional content, more must be eaten to meet metabolic needs.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!