Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- The "old guard" faculty members viewed the college as primarily a teaching institution, while the "new turks" wanted more attention paid to research and scholarship in retention, tenure, and promotion decisions.
- He also notably described the lifestyle of the Oghuz turks while the Khazaria, Cumans, and Pechnegs were still around.
- While today the entire cemetery is consecrated for Christian burial it is claimed locally that in the cemetery's early years there was an unconsecrated section for "suicides, turks and infidels".
- Descendants of the Yiwa tribe are assimilated into Azerbaijani, Turkish and Turkmen turks. Sizable group of the Yiwa, mostly ethnic Turkmens, also live in the Olat region of Bukhara, Uzbekistan.
- Eventually both sides signed a white peace and the turks changed their policy with Arabs into weakening the Emirs and tribal leaders by helping founding smaller tribes and securing the loyalties of tribes to the Dey of Algiers and not to their Shaykh as it used to be.
- In Billboard Magazine, Jeff Levenson cites Ken Stubbs and Django Bates as examples of how "Great Britain's young turks have adopted him (John Coltrane) as a spiritual forebear.
- The Ottoman turks who were backing the Wattasid sent an invasion force into Morocco led by the ruler of Algiers Hasan Pasha, the son of khizr barbarossa, then he conquered Fes in September 1554.
- In the UCD he was appointed provincial secretary in the Valencia region and was associated with a group known as "the young turks" at the 1993 elections.
- The petals can be reddish, reddish–orange, dusky red or magenta towards the tip and marked with magenta spots and turned back in a "turks cap" shape.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!