|NOUN || Zoroaster | - |
|SYNO ||Zarathustra | Zoroaster|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Iranian philosophy originates from Indo-European roots, with Zoroaster's reforms having major influences.
- In substance, the seven chapters are of great antiquity and contain allusions to the general (not necessarily Zoroaster-influenced) religious beliefs of the period in which Zoroaster was himself a priest.
- According to the Iranian epic "Shahnameh", the tree had grown from a branch Zoroaster had carried away from Paradise and which he planted in honor of King Vishtaspa's conversion to Zoroastrianism in Kashmarbalkh.
- 129. “Recent speculations on the ‘Traditional date of Zoroaster’”, Studia Iranica 31 (2002), 7-45.
- The text takes the form of a series of questions and answers between Vishtasp and Jamasp, both of whom were amongst Zoroaster's immediate and closest disciples.
- The Greco-Roman obsession with Zoroaster as the "inventor" of astrology also influenced the image of Hystaspes.
- Iranians considered cypress to be a relic of Zoroaster, and they believed that Vishtaspa ordered to plant this cypress after converting to Zoroaster.
- The first surviving reference to Zoroaster in English scholarship is attributed to Thomas Browne (1605–1682), who briefly refers to Zoroaster in his 1643 "Religio Medici".
- "Alastor zoroaster" is a species of wasp in the family Vespidae.
- Zarathustra is the Iranian prophet Zoroaster.
- There is a legend about the tree, which says the tree was first planted by Zoroaster.
- In 1771, Anquetil-Duperron published his three-part "Zend Avesta" which had been ascribed to Zoroaster and which included not only a re-translation of what the priests had translated into Persian for him but also a travelogue (" [...] "), a summary of the manuscripts that he collected (" [...] "), a biography of Zoroaster (" [...] "), a translation of the Bundahishn, and two essays (" [...] " and " [...] ").
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!