|NOUN || a cesspool | cesspools |
|SYNO ||cesspit | cesspool | sink | ...|
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Since this is not done with cesspool content, cesspool emptiers have no need for such separative capability.
- Hikind criticized President Barack Obama for abstaining on UN Security Council Resolution 2234, which criticized Israeli settlement activity in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, calling the UN a "cesspool".
- An adequate system must be in place to carry water used for cooking, washing, toilet, bath or shower to a sewer, cesspool or settlement tank.
- Messenger describes him as truly decent person who persevered in the "cesspool of politics" because that is where the most good can be done for the most people.
- A biofilm forms in the loose soil surrounding a cesspool or pit latrine that provides some degree of attenuation of the pollutants present, but a deep cesspool can allow raw sewage to directly enter groundwater with minimal biological cleansing, leading to groundwater pollution and undrinkable water supplies.
- Foreman has been a vocal critic of his own district, calling the area a "cesspool of liberalism".
- A covered pit that disposes of the water component of sewage by the same principle as a dry well is called a cesspool.
- For centuries, Puttenahalli lake was one of Bengaluru's pristine lakes. However, pollution and neglect turned it into a cesspool of garbage and sewage.
- In 1979, while digging under the restaurant to create a new wine cellar, labourers found an old cesspool.
- The vehicle is a cesspool emptier and equipped for collection of nightsoil. A description of these duties may be found in Vintage Roadscene Magazine July 2010 issue.
- The story is highly symbolic, with pastoral scenes of children combing a hillside—in search of the escaped prisoner. The "escapee" turns out to have drowned herself - in a cesspool.
- They can also smell the protagonist if they fall into a cesspool (only found during some missions; after the protagonist emerges from the cesspool, a brown haze surrounds him, indicating that he can be detected by smell at a certain distance) or are covered with blood from an earlier fight.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!