|ADJ || duff | duffer | duffest |
|NOUN || a duff | duffs |
|SYNO ||duff | plum duff|
ADJ positive | comparative | superlative
NOUN article.ind sg | pl
Neue Wörterbuch-Abfrage: Einfach jetzt tippen!
weitere Beispiele ...
- Figgy duff is a traditional bag pudding from the province of Newfoundland and Labrador most commonly served as a part of a Jiggs dinner.
- The fronds are semi-erect until the first killing frost, after which they lie prostrate on the ground and effectively hold in place the duff layer of the forest floor, enabling the gradual decomposition of the duff into humus, which in turn builds the soil.
- s hatches and doors were open and, specifically, the outer non-return flaps and the inner covers to the duff and offal waste chutes were open.
- In 1626, John Duff sold the lands in Banffshire which his ancestor had acquired in 1404.
- In World War II, high frequency direction finding (HF/DF or "Huff-duff) was used by Allied escort vessels to detect submarines making position or sighting reports.
- Robert Watson-Watt introduced the next major advance in direction finding as the "huff-duff" system, a nickname for high-frequency direction finding.
- The boilers were supplied with pulverised coal produced from waste anthracite duff by Hardinge ball mills.
- Cairnduff, Cairn Duff or Carn Duff is a roughly circular Bronze Age burial cairn, at 114m and Smith points out its prominence and that it is visible from the possible moot hill or watchtower site near High Castleton in the vicinity of Lainshaw House.
- Iron Duff (also Aaron Duff, or Ironduff) is an unincorporated community in Haywood County, North Carolina, United States.
- Duff is also an English term for "pudding". Examples are "Christmas duff", "plum duff" and "suet duff".
- Ambrose Leet's 1814 Directory spells the name as "Mullagh-duff".
- Even though the duff and Aravana are two different types of arts, the word duff is used interchangeably for Aravana, because the duff is more familiar than the Aravana.
- Surly Duff (voiced by Hank Azaria) is a mascot for Duff and one of the seven duffs. He first appears in "Selma's Choice" and has appeared multiple times since.
- Duffmuttu (also: Dubhmuttu) is an art form prevalent in the Malabar region of the states of Kerala and Karnataka in south India.
© dict.cc English-German dictionary 2023
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (nur Englisch/Deutsch).
Links auf das Wörterbuch oder auch auf einzelne Übersetzungen sind immer herzlich willkommen!